Hot Topics Discussions – Systemic change
On the 29th of November 2018 the first Webinar of the Series “Hot Topic discussions” took place, entitled “Working systemically, identifying leverage points and different theories of change“.
The guest speakers were Daniel Wahl and Tom Henfrey, and the webinar was facilitated by Juan del Rio, from the core team of the project Municipalities in Transition.
In the webinar we explored what we mean by systemic change, why we need to foster it and how to do it. Among different topics, we brought the idea of scale of community and bioregion and dived on how to leverage change. We looked at different theories of change and their relation with the transition process towards sustainability and resilience. Shared experiences and questions from the participants enriched the diversity of the webinar.
Below the recorded event:
from Tom Henfrey
- On resilience
- On leverage points and paradigm shifts
- My current thinking on use of Three Horizons
from Daniel Wahl
- Excerpt from Daniel Wahl book: why do we need to act more systemically
- Article that might also be good: sustainability is no longer enough yet still very important on the road to regeneration
- Glocalizer webinar (Oct 18th). 1h long. Youtube link
- Scaling-out regenerative development glocally
- Using the SDGs to build multi-stakeholder collaboration at local and bioregional scale — that’s what the flashcards were designed to facilitate
- Three Horizons of innovation and culture change
- Leverage points and dancing with systems (Donella Meadows)
- Transformative resilience
- Adaptive cycle
from Juan del Río
- Reimagining Activism – guide for systems change
- Values and frames – Common Cause
- The web of life Fritjof Capra
Leave a comment