Plenty of people showed up for our webinar on Sociocracy 3.0 (S3), facilitated by its co-founder and co-developer James Priest. The webinar was a condensed introduction on Sociocracy 3.0, that touched all the aspects that S3 can influence in an organization. it was a mix of delivered information as well as interactive breakout rooms to share impressions among participants.
We work with municipalities and communities in general, and we are aware there are certain dynamics at community level typical of our cultural system, just to name a few: conflicts, competition, distrust, misunderstanding, lack of transparency, power dynamics etc…
In the Municipalities in Transition we are trying to foster a different working culture to provide inclusiveness, cooperation, subsidiarity, transparency, enhancement of collective thinking, equality of voices . All those are included in the Transition principles we follow in the work we do. S3 is embedded in our methodology because we believe it is a robust framework that can strongly help to reach those goals and foster those principles.
Here is a list of useful resources to connect with the S3 world
- the main website: Sociocracy30.org
- The patterns: https://patterns.sociocracy30.org/
- Learn sociocracy 3.0: https://www.learnsociocracy30.org/
- The Practical guide. The staff is making an effort to translate it into several languages. It is an ongoing process, if you are not familiar with english check it from time to time for other languages availability.
- Online Learning Community Platform: Please subscribe to stay informed, And, consider sharing your preferences and requests in this research form, so the developers can learn about the features and opportunities you’d like to see included in this platform.
- The presentation used for the webinar (pdf)
On the Municipalities in Transition side, stay tuned on the Focus discussion webinars and Virtual café events. The next webinar is about another aspect related to governance: “Innovative governance for collaboration: shared governance” with Guillaume Dorvaux from Université du Nous
[…] European Day of Sustainable Communities – Case studies from the Municipalities in Transition project: more info here […]
[…] Two recordings, and two opportunities to meet, learn and share online are coming up – all links available here. […]
Great content! Super high-quality! Keep it up! :)
Awesome post! Keep up the great work! :)
[…] quindi l’occasione giusta per ritrovarci assieme ai nostri colleghi del MiT, aggiornarci sui progetti attuali e futuri e soprattutto raccontare alle istituzioni quello che […]
[…] volete dare un’occhiata ad altri resoconti di quanto fatto, cliccate qui. […]